Παρασκευή 6 Αυγούστου 2010

kapistrano + cpanel me timbers

Ok so you will be bugged once more.

I have decided to use capistrano to upload one of my projects in symfony to cpanel.

So the home of each user in cpanel is of the form

/home/'my_user' for example /home/test if your user is test.

so i set deploy_to in deploy.rb

to

set :deploy_to, "/home/knightmare"

i am entering cap deploy:setup (and the web server goes error 505)

No php script was working in my cpanel public_html and i and i have been wandering what goes wrong and what goes wrong. No help in the logs nothing to be found,
except from public should not be writeable by the group and i can find sys_cpanel.i have fixed the not writeable group for the public but not the sys_cpanel.

And after several hours of debugging in the the air i am entering cap deploy:setup

and i view in the screen chmod g+w /home/knightmare.

And i say what the ......

so that was it my pain my agony with cpanel. capistrano has been doing the deploy path writable to group.

i restored the home with chmod 755 /home/knightmare and everything was fine now, the web server was back to normal.

Δεν υπάρχουν σχόλια: